FOCUUS’ main goal is to improve your optimization process while
saving you time and costs. The interactive BI feature will analyze every
parameter possible, for every event, relying on big data and advanced
algorithms to provide actionable insights for each of your campaigns - all in
an easy, intuitive and automated way.
To start using the automated BI feature, click the Interactive BI Tab.
Search for the desired campaign -
Start typing into the search field and relevant options will appear. You can also filter by destinations, Geo, Carrier and specific Traffic Sources.
You can choose whether you’d like to review your stats broken by conversion rate or revenue per click. Select an indicator for your stats on the right. Just click on the button to switch between the two indicators, as shown below.
Once a campaign has been selected, all statistically significant data related to this campaign (collected in the last 45 days) will appear below, starting with Most Crucial Insights.
Most Crucial Insights are divided into three parts:
- A Campaign’s average conversion rate - grey box
- Positive Changes - green boxes
- Negative Changes - red boxes
As we can see in the example above, the average conversion rate is 0.602%.
Let’s take a look at some of the insights:
- Auto Site Name: 216438 had converted 236% more than the campaign’s average conversion rate.
- City: Burbank had converted 211% more than the campaign’s average conversion rate.
- Operating System: Android 5.0 had converted 45% less than the campaign’s average conversion rate.
- Auto Creative ID: 2958688 had converted 49% less than the campaign’s average conversion rate.
These insights are the first ones we should focus on when optimizing our campaign.
Below the most crucial insights we can find ALL BI Insights divided into categories for your convenience (the same as in the Reporting section):
For each category you will get all the relevant parameters that
are statistically significant.
In case there is not enough data to make the auto analysis, no data will be displayed.
For example, let’s select the Auto category (all the data
you’re passing from your traffic sources using unique tokens).
Once Auto is selected, we’ll get our parameters stats broken to separate boxes:
Let's focus on the Site ID box:
- At the top of each box we’ll have the Average Conversion Rate.
- The numbers on the right indicate the parameters conversion rate.
- The numbers on the left indicate the parameter location in terms of dependency on other parameters. The strongest insights will be placed first and the weakest ones will be placed last.
- The first two site IDs are above
the average CR, indicated in green on the scale.
The first site ID, 1011723, has a way higher conversion rate than the average (3.02%), and most importantly, it doesn’t depend on other parameters, meaning it was better across the board!
- The last 3 site IDs are below the average conversion rate, indicated in red on the scale.
- Once we hover over a specific conversion rate, we can see the amount of data it relies on. The conversion rate of the first site ID in our example is 3.02%, and it’s based on 34,590 clicks and 1001 events.
* When there is more data to be shown, you can expand the box by clicking the arrow on the bottom.
Extract Actionable Insights
Following these insights, you can start to take some actions and optimize your campaign to achieve your goals-
- Include (whitelist) or Exclude(blacklist) parameters like creative, publisher ID
- Create separate campaigns in case you can pay different bids for high or low performing parameters.
- Use FOCUUS smart traffic rules to better monetize your traffic (see Routers)
1. Geo Category - Although Geo category has more parameters such as Region and City, only the following were significant to be displayed on the Interactive BI.
2. Main Language parameter refers to the user’s browser language. In its box below, we can that en pages (English) converts better, compared to es pages (Spanish). This insight can be an indicator for us to improve our pages and create new ones in Spanish for the Spanish users which are not converting well so far.
3. Device Category - When reviewing the Device Type box, we can see that Smartphone is the only device that is performing higher than the average. Feature Phones are obviously underperforming, and Desktop is not performing at all for this campaign.
Possible action items:
- Exclude feature phone and desktop from our campaign.
- Create separate campaigns - one for smartphone and another for feature phones with a lower bid.
- Make adjustments to the campaigns landing page for desktops.
4. Time Category - On this part we get important insights that can be helpful for us on day-parting. On our example below, only Hour and Weekday were significant enough to be displayed.
By taking a quick look at the Weekday box, we can conclude that Monday and Saturday are definitely the highest performing days of the week. Note that when there is more data to be shown, you can expand the box by clicking the arrow on the bottom.